5 Martyn Kelly facts
- I work in digital. Making things people use is fun and rewarding.
- I live in Cardiff in Wales. It’s beautiful here and we have a castle.
- I enjoy taking photos, writing fiction and I’m working on a short film.
- I’m dad to a super-computer of a child called Tommy. He likes Scooby-Doo.
- I interviewed myself here about weasels and poached eggs.
I do creative digital work and I love it.
- I’m for hire right now. Learn more about my skills, achievements and fit to your business.
- I have 15+ years experience working on digital strategies and production, social media and user experience (UX) design.
- I help businesses large and small develop digital services and products that engage, delight and/or kick ass.
I asked people close to me to ask me questions. Here are the answers.
What animal is a funny animal?
What super power would you want?
The ability to stop and start time, so I could get even more stuff done. This episode of the Twilight Zone tells you it might be bad for you, however.
What is your specialty when it comes to cooking?
I am good at poaching eggs. A poached egg with wasabi is dynamite. I do a mean yaki soba too.
What is a great TV show to get into?
For me, it has to be Mad Men. Such great writing and performances. If you’re not convinced, watch this.
What makes a great website?
A great team. And past that, the right balance of what the users want to do and what the business wants them to do (not always the same).
Do you look like anyone famous?
A date told me I looked like a ‘chubby Matthew Broderick’ once. She’s probably in prison now for crimes against etiquette. Kevin Smith, perhaps.
What is your motto?
I don’t have one, but this is close enough for me. It works out pretty well!
Fantasy dinner party. Go!
Future me (from 2051), Lia Schopmeyer as my date (the present day me’s date, please), Albert Camus, Orson Welles, Robert Zemeckis, Drew Barrymore, Peter Cook, Oliver Reed, Patrick Swayze, Janeane Garofalo, John Millais, Rod Serling, Bob Clampett and Odysseus.
The Third Man, The Princess Bride, The Prestige, Gremlins, In the Mood For Love, Blade Runner, Wings of Desire. The Big Sleep, Annie Hall, The Big Lebowski, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Ugetsu Monogatari, The Fountain.
Lime, clean dog, petrichor, almonds, camp fires, bacon, the sea, Hong Kong, diesel.
The Master and Margarita (Bulgakov), Frankenstein (Shelley), The Rum Diary (HST), any Hemingway, any Kundera, most Bret Easton Ellis.
Dolphins, chimpanzees, octopi, weasels, dogs, peregrine falcons, seahorses.